Excess Liability Insurance provides additional protection to the already existing Insurance services you have availed. It closes all the loopholes or the gaps. In simple terms it is a safety net which provides protection when all else fails or the policy is exceeded by its limitations.
As the name suggests, it exceeds the normal liability insurance policy.
One thing to note is it does not expand the stated coverage. Instead it provides higher limits on top of the original policy.
Excesses Liability serves as insurance of your insurance. It may seem redundant to some people. But those who are experienced in such matters know, one can never be too careful.
Excess liability insurance provides higher limits once the limits on your underlying umbrella policy have been reached. Or even exceeded.
Coverage Features and Benefits of Excess Liability
- Upper limit of $50 million in capacity
- Coverage written over Liberty Mutual Insurance policies or those provided by other carriers rated A-V or better by A.M. Best
- The ability to participate in excess liability towers
- Dedicated, highly tenured underwriting staff
- A team of complex and excess liability claims professionals who understand your business and your risk philosophy